Thursday, November 24, 2011

It hurts to let go..


A couple of days ago, I found the image above while reviewing an old memory stick, it made me reminisce of happier days when I had no clue how deep something can hurt, how painful it is to lose the only person you've ever loved, times when I was happy by his side and nothing could ever hurt me, because he was there to protect me and make me feel safe. But now my inner voice is telling me it's time to let go, it's time to accept the fact that he will never be mine again and everything I ever dreamed of now vanishes in front of me and seems like an impossible wish that will never come true.


I wish getting over somebody was as easy as deleting a file or erasing something written on pencil, instead it feels as if he were tattooed on my skin, as if he owns my soul and he refuses to let it go.


All the laughter and the tears we ever shared together keeps playing on an infinite loop through my head, over and over again, I go through the whole thing in my head trying to figure out how things would be now if I hadn't done this, or if I had done that.. it's all a giant blur that has been keeping me awake every night for about a month and still I have nothing figured out so far.


I guess I'll never know if life in his arms would have been as wonderful as it seemed in the prettiest of my dreams..






No comments:

Post a Comment